Let’s go to London, let’s see all the sights. Apply for a UK visa and search for cheap flights. Loads of places where you can stay and eat. Visiting the UK is great and very hard to beat.
First of all, there are many places to discover and to see in the UK, not only the sights of London. On a UK visitor visa, you can see all the glorious and amazing places in England, Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales.
To apply for a UK Visitor Visa, is straight forward. This visa is for all types of temporary visits to the UK for example leisure, business trips, private medical procedures and many more. Previously there were various types of visas for any kind of visit, however this has now been merged into one called the Standard Visitor Visa.
If you are from the EU, EEA or Switzerland, you do not need a visa to enter the UK.
How to apply for the UK Standard Visitor Visa.
If you are applying from outside the UK, you must apply online. As part of your online application, you need to book an appointment at a visa application centre. You’ll have your fingerprints and photograph taken at your appointment, this is known as ‘bio metric information’.
You can apply 3 months before you travel and you should have an answer within one month of applying. The visa is valid for 6 months and cost approximately £95 (GBP).
If you apply from within the UK, you might be able to extend your visa without having to leave the country.
You need to provide the following documents to support your application:
- Valid passport, one page has to be available for your visa.
- Previous passports, which show previous travel.
- Return flight tickets booked with dates of travel.
- Accommodation in the UK, hotel bookings, etc. If staying with a friend or relative, they need to provide confirmation of this along with their address.
- Financial documents showing that you have sufficient funds available. These must clearly show that you have access to the funds, such as bank statements, savings accounts, proof of earnings or a third party sponsor.
- proof of earnings such as a letter from employer confirming employment details (start date of employment, salary, role, company contact details).
- where a third party sponsor (who is either in the UK or who will be legally in the UK at the time of your visit) is providing financial support to you e.g. a business, a friend or a relative, documents to show they have sufficient resources to support you in addition to themselves and any dependent family should be provide.
- Confirmation of legal residence, if you are not a national of the country in which you are applying from or your right to reside there is not included in your passport.
- Details of employment or studies where you have stated in your application that you are either employed or in full-time studies. This could include:
- a letter from your employer on company headed paper, detailing your role, salary and length of employment.
- a letter from your education provider, on headed paper, confirming your enrollment and leave of absence.
- If you are self employed: business registration documents confirming the business owner’s name and the date the business started trading.
There are many other reasons to apply for this visa like a business trip, private medical procedure or as an organ donor, or if you are an academic to undertake research or even to attend training, you will need to supply the relevant documentation.
As you might know, the UK is starting their transition to leave the EU on 31 December 2020 (brexit). At the moment it does not look like this will affect the Standard Visitor Visa. However to work in the UK you will be subject to a new points based system in order to qualify for the right to work in the UK. But that is for another day.
The UK is a marvelous country and has a lot to offer. Whether you are coming to see the famous sights or if you more interested in the country side and hiking trails, there are plenty of ways to discover how diverse and beautiful the UK really is.
To get more info on the UK Standard Visitor Visa Click here.
Enjoy and Safe Travels!!
**Please share this post. Thank you!!